The girls went to the Dr. on Tuesday the 6th for their check-up. They are doing well. Still kind of small, but they are developing normally. They were pretty friendly with the Dr. until they had to lay down on my lap and he checked out their legs. Jenna weighs 23 pounds 5 oz (10%) and Kaylee weighs 22 pounds 10 oz (5%). They are both about 33 inches tall. Kaylee is getting her two bottom molars.
The girls are so cute right now. They talk about whatever they are thinking. I get lots of two words sentences. "Here she comes." "Get you!" "Shoes on." "Jacket on." "Ready, set, go!" "Hold you." (meaning 'hold me') They will say 'excuse me' at appropriate times sometimes, and Kaylee will say 'bless you' when I sneeze. If someone gets hurt Jenna will say 'okay?' (are you okay?) It is just so fun to see them learning to talk. If I ask them a question, like "do you want a cracker?" Jenna is cute to say 'okay' instead of 'yes.' Kaylee says 'yes' more often.
They both like to dance and we watch some music videos on TV sometimes and the girls like that. They still really like Frozen and sing along with the songs. Other songs they know: Twinkle Twinkle, Popcorn Popping, ABC's, I Am a Child of God, Wheels on the Bus, and probably some others.
They are learning their shapes and colors, and are more often correct than not when I quiz them. They recognize most letters and know some of their sounds as well. They know their body parts well and can say all of them.
They are so cute in the morning. Kaylee is so happy and when she sees me she smiles big and says: "Hi mommy!" Jenna says hi too, but usually just says "mommy." They play pretty well together and understand taking turns a bit. When Doug or I spin one of them around or something, the other one will say "my turn."
I am glad we made it to 2, now I look forward to potty training and being able to follow directions a bit more. As much as I love nap time, I will be glad when we don't have to schedule our lives around it or have to keep Chris quiet during that time.
1 comment:
So cute! Those first two years have got to be the hardest with twins... but I wouldn't know! :) You'll have to let me know in a few years. You guys are awesome parents.
Post a Comment