Doug had invited someone from work to come over to dinner, so I had been making things ahead during the week so I wouldn't have to do too much on Mother's Day. Then on Saturday he got a text from the guy and he said he wouldn't be able to make it. So we had a nice meal to ourselves. I made cheesy potatoes, cheese cake, orange rolls, fruit salad, and carrots. I had marinated chicken to cook on the grill, then we woke up to snow in the morning. So poor Doug had to go out and grill in the cold. Thanks Doug for being tough, the chicken tasted super yummy :). I was going to make a fancy green salad with strawberries and poppy-seed dressing, but since company no longer was coming I decided not to.
I was surprised at church that all the women were fed a light lunch. They gave us chicken salad sandwiches, fruit and carrots and some chocolate. It was a nice treat. They had the men substitute for all of our classes. I had prepared the material for the lesson, then the men took over. It was nice to be together with all of the sisters in our ward and have a break from our normal duties.
I was able to talk to my mom for awhile on Sunday afternoon. I don't think you ever realize how much your mom did for you growing up until you become a mom yourself. I have the best mom. She is my example and I feel that I don't come close to being as good as she was and is. I love you mom! Thanks for everything you do for me and my family.
1 comment:
Oooo, your ward sounds awesome with Mother's Day celebration!! Your dinner sounds divine too. We didn't do anything fancy... but Richard spoiled me by cleaning the whole house and doing the laundry and grocery shopping on Saturday.
Post a Comment